SHOP THE BLACK DRESS FROM INSTAGRAM HERE!
When it comes to traveling and packing, I feel like I’ve done enough where I can supply some pretty good tips to cover ya for your upcoming holiday travels so without further ado, lets get this party started:
My number one tip, and my fave is: ROLL YOUR CLOTHES.
YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT, GIRL. Roll your clothes. Not only can you pack 50% more this way, but you also arrive to your destination with wayyyyyy less wrinkles in your clothes. When I discovered this secret tip it changed the way I do life and travel. You will notice your suitcase can weigh now double what it used to since you can pack in all the magic in a tighter spot.
2. Pack outfits.
When I pack, I pack entire outfits. Like I’ll lay it out each outfit with everything needed for each outfit. Top, pants, shoes, earrings, jewelry…. bag etc…
I do this on the floor, but I heard another organized professional packer who had actually purchased a rolling clothes rack and put all of her outfits together this way and then put into suitcase. Whatever works for you, girllll.
3. Pack NEUTRALS
Trips are the perfect time to pack as many neutrals as possible. Think, black, tans, grays and white. This way you can get more mileage out of your outfits, by pairing them and mixing and matching.
I also recommend packing in layers…aka light tops, that you can seamlessly pack over each other.
4. On the go and constantly running out of juice for your phone, iPad etc….
THIS SUITCASE by RADEN is the perfect suitcase to take with you! Compact, light and it CHARGES ALL OF YOUR THINGS! No more running out of batteries!
What? Yes, it sure does. it has its OWN USB charger that you plug into and can keep those babies charged on the go!
5. Pack a TRAVEL PILLOW! (MY FAVE HERE 👉🏼 travel pillow)
Trust me, I’ve been plenty of hotels where I cannot sleep because the pillow is too fluffy, lumpy or not fluffy enough.
This travel pillow is amazing, as it packs into almost any bag, (you can squash it down and it fluffs right back up!) It also comes with a cute pillow cover for easy washing and you can also wash the entire pillow. It’s a travel must have.
6. Take a light wrap with you, that you can use in the plane. You can use this as a blanket but also as a scarf, so it is a multitasker for your entire trip. You’ll these options here, and will be able to use them for years to come!
7. A pair of neutral shoes that you can use for not only the plane, walking but also functional as workout shoes is necessary.
These are some of my absolute faves here:
8. Wear as many layers on the plane as possible. Also wear your largest items (aka your heavy coat, your boots and bulky items, instead of packing them, when possible. Why? You will save a ton of space in your suitcase for other things!
9. Remember those outfits we talked about packing all together? Well if you like to roll into the hotel, and get out to sightsee as soon as possible when you land, this is a time saver.
You can pack and roll each of your outfits in THESE BAGS and then throw a label on each. No more scouring around your suitcase wondering where your items went to try to put together outfits at the last minute. You’ve got champagne to draaaaaank, girl.
10. One last tip👉🏼: every get somewhere and freak out because all of your jewelry is tangled? Get a silk pillow case (preferably travel size) and line it up in rows on your pillow case. Then roll that pillow case up, and put in your suitcase. Boom! You land with perfectly flat straight necklaces that are not tangled and that are ready to go!
Hope you loved these travel tips! If you have any of your own, please leave them below so we can all learn from each other! Have a great Wednesday friends!